What is Mindful Parenting?
Mindful Parenting is the practice of using mindfulness in everyday parenting situations in order to respond thoughtfully in a calm and effective manner (rather than reacting mindlessly) that builds a more positive parent-child relationship.
What are the benefits of Mindful Parenting?
- Parents learn to respond thoughtfully (in a calm and effective manner) to the hectic and unpredictable days of family life.
- Parents learn to create a home life that is secure and stress-free (rather than out of control and overwhelming) — a place where people feel loved, accepted, and calm.
- Parents learn how to identify the key factors that contribute to the health and happiness of the children in their care.
- Parents learn to build more positive interactions with their children, helping the children in many ways: to have healthy self-esteem; do better in school; choose healthy relationships; feel comfortable around adults; explore and try new things; have an easier time with change; and develop a positive self-concept.
- Parents learn how to reduce the likelihood that their child will engage in high-risk behaviors like drug abuse, sexual promiscuity, and other problems related to poor decision making and low impulse control.
- Parents learn to minimize their child’s vulnerability to depression or other mental disorders as they grow.
Join our Mindfulness for Parents regular class!