About Mindfulness Indonesia
Mindfulness Indonesia is a registered institute in Jakarta with the aim of promoting mindfulness throughout Indonesia. We provide mindfulness training to both individuals and corporate employees.
Mindfulness Indonesia provides a range of services: Training for trainers, Seminars for the public, One-on-One training for individuals, and we also hold a lot of events to promote mindfulness in Indonesia.
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is self-awareness to the present moment in a way that involves acceptance, non-judgement, curiosity, and observation. More spefically, Mindfulness refers to meditation techniques that help us slow down and observe our thoughts and feelings, without getting caught up in them. It often includes paying attention to the breath, or taking deep, calming breaths.
Why should we adopt mindfulness?
Today, mindfulness training is recognised worldwide as a highly effective method for handling emotions in various settings:
- Schools: Mindfulness is used in schools and universities to help children, students and teachers improve their concentration, attention, conflict resolution, compassion and empathy.
- Parenting: Mindfulness is used by psychologists and counselors to help parents respond thoughtfully in everyday parenting situations in a calm and effective manner (rather than reacting mindlessly) that builds a more positive parent-child relationship.
- Hospitals: Mindfulness is used by healthcare professionals to relieve pain, anxiety and depression among patients; to counsel at-risk people; and to treat drug addiction.
- Workplace: Mindfulness is used in the workplace to help individuals gain clarity, reduce stress, improve teamwork, reduce conflicts, enhance decision-making skills and creativity, optimize performance, and develop a greater sense of well-being.
- Prisons: Mindfulness is used to help prison inmates reduce anger, hostility and mood disturbances, helping with their rehabilitation and reintegration.
- Individuals: Mindfulness is used by counselors to help people overcome unhealthy eating habits and fight obesity or lose weight.
Who is the founder of Mindfulness Indonesia?
Mindfulness Indonesia is the brainchild of BeningLara, a well-known public figure with 15 years of experience as a Mindfulness Meditation trainer, Life Coach & NLP practitioner, Hypnotherapist and Customer Service trainer. She has appeared on both TV and Radio, and she is the author of self-help book The Magic in You.